Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What would I Write....?


Hi Friends,

Its been a really long long time since my last post.

I myself was thinking, Why..? What happened to me...?

I was trying to understand this. It is a fact that, I've written some 8 odd blogposts. Let them be good or bad but I've managed to write them. So I thought what was the thing that made me write my previous posts, what was the thing I had at that time and not now. Then I really understood the basics of how creations are made. I basic requirement of the creator to create something is



The urge to express something, tell something..

Yes. That urge is the only thing that make a creator to create something. That may be expressed in any form. Let that be a blog post writing or a movie making or painting a drawing or music composing. In all the above scenarios of creating, they need that urge to convey something which will reflect in their outcome.

So, now I was clear that how did I managed to write my earlier blogs. Now that led to a more worried answer that nowadays I don't have anything to convey. Nothing is that much important to experss. How did I end up like that...?

Now that was a real wake up call for me. Many of us would've reached this stage once. It is the stage of Complacence and Comfort. Initial stages of our life, we would be in a hunger to do something. We push ourselves too hard to do something and try many things. And in that try, we will gain some amazing experience which will be too good to have. But what happens then is we will thinking that we've experienced the whole life. As like we've cracked the formula to live life. We put ourselves in the a legendary position and start complaining others, guiding and advising others. We think that we became a gyaani. At least I thought so.

Meanwhile I forgot that I've stopped learning new things. Stopped gaining new experiences. And eventually I forgot that how large the world is and how negligible our lives are. I've got settled in our comfort zone made out of our complacency. That's the reason why I stand here. That's the reason why I don't have anything that important or interesting to share about.

Since my college days I was afraid of only one thing in my life...

"I should not settle down to a common life and remain as a common man"

I never wanted that. But unfortunately, the same thing is happening. I'm getting pulled by this bloody rat race society. I'm afraid that I remain like this till my end of my life.

Even though I'm afraid, I don't give up to this society. I'm not going to end up as a typical common man. I will bounce high..

To end up with, I quote one of my very favorite poems of the Tamil poet Mr. Subramania Bharathi.

Oh man..! He had written about this "comfort zone" way before a century itself.


"தேடிச் சோறுநிதந் தின்று - பல
சின்னஞ் சிறுகதைகள் பேசி - மனம்
வாடித் துன்பமிக உழன்று - பிறர்
வாடப் பலசெயல்கள் செய்து - நரை
கூடிக் கிழப்பருவ மெய்தி - கொடுங்
கூற்றுக் கிரையெனப்பின் மாயும் - பல
வேடிக்கை மனிதரைப் போலே - நான்
வீழ்வே னென்று நினைத் தாயோ?

 நின்னைச் சிலவரங்கள் கேட்பேன் - அவை
நேரே இன்றெனக்குத் தருவாய் - என்றன்
முன்னைத் தீயவினைப் பயன்கள் - இன்னும்
மூளா தழிந்திடுதல் வேண்டும் - இனி
என்னைப் புதியவுயி ராக்கி - எனக்
கேதுங் கவலையறச் செய்து - மதி
தன்னை மிகத்தெளிவு செய்து - என்றும்
சந்தோஷங் கொண்டிருக்கச் செய்வாய்...

                                                                                             - சுப்பிரமணிய பாரதி

Translation for my Other language friends...

"Did you think I too will
Spend my days in mundane search of food,
Telling petty tales and gossips,
Worrying myself with unwanted thoughts,
Hurting others by my selfish acts,
Turn senile old man with grey hair
To end up as fodder to the
relentless march of timeless Death,
As yet another faceless man???

Oh Kali...Appear now in person to bestow me,
New life sans ordeal of past Karma,
So that to release me from worldly pains,
To be eternally blissful with Pure Intellect!!!"

                                       - Subramaniya Bharathiar

No comments:

Post a Comment